Name – Raymond Garrison
Fictional Universe – Valiant Entertainment
Species – Human
Sex – Male
Planet – Earth
Height – 6’3
Weapons – various firearms and explosives, swords, combat knife
Enhancements – nanites in his bloodstream that allow various abilities
Important character details
- Dr. Kuretich and his team make Bloodshot self aware of his memory implants.
- A brief explanation of what he is.
- Former Bloodshots from the past. Bloodshot: Reborn #18 gives a glimpse into the history of each one.
Key Source from Valiant Entertainment
- Bloodshot – BS
- Harbinger Wars – HW
- Archer and Armstrong – A&A
- The Valiant – VA
- Bloodshot: Reborn – RE
- Bloodshot: USA – USA
- Harbinger Wars 2 – H2
- Bloodshot: Salvation – SAL
- Bloodshot #14-22 is titled Bloodshot and the HARD Corps.
- In Bloodshot: Reborn #1-9 he is regaining the nantites Kay removed and is not a full strength. Bloodshot might have had a small portion of them in the beginning and did not want to believe it. #10-13 takes place 30 years into the future.
- During Harbinger Wars 2 Liveware is in full control of Bloodshot. The feats shown are some he may not be capable of on his own or he does not know the full extent of the nanites capabilities.
Besides giving Bloodshot incredible healing properties, the nanites gives him a wide arrange of abilities.
- Explanation of the nanites from BS1.
- The Goldies take on the personalities of his memory mods to aid and guide him from BS2.
- Even without them he can feel them calling from RE2.
- They can track each other down in RE6.
- Bloodshot claims those who are affected with them can see through each other’s eyes in RE7.
- Bloodshot can see other sets of nanites in REAnnual.
- He can absorb nanites from others from USA2. The first half of the REBORN series goes into this when Ray thinks he is free of them. Bloodshot can even take them from Deathmate in USA2 who is far more advanced than himself. As seen in USA4 absorbing too many can kill him as it did Quiet Man who had been recently upgraded to match Bloodshot.
- *During Harbinger Wars 2 Livewire alters Bloodshot’s code and control him. In H2-2 this allows him to form functional wings. During his battle with X-O he takes on the form of a demon and form tentacles in H2-3. After crashing Loveboat he reforms his entire body at the end of H2-4.
- Instantly heals Kara as he spreads the nanites into her bloodstream in BS5.
- Controls his oxygen supply for nine minutes in BS7.
- The nanites can use his own muscle tissue to heal him in critical situations in BS9. Check out his arm in the first and last panel. Hours later his arms is fully healed in BS10.
- While under the Harada Protocol he gets doped up on happy meds that give him joy when battling his primary target in HW2.
- Oreck states the nanites are self replicating and can reprogram and fix themselves in BS19.
- Allows him to hold his breath for extended amounts of time in BS24. Note the distance mentioned then check it on a map. It’s over 1000 miles.
- Gets tossed into Silver Lake by Jacob and seems to be underwater for quite some time in REAnnual. Between panels Kozol says Bloodshot will be back by morning so his oxygen supply can last well over half a day or he needs no air to survive.
- Goldies pick up com chatter and warn him of danger in BS2.
- Looks through his false memories for an image of his wife then he accesses the internet to find images of her so he can find her address in in BS3. Bloodshot does it again to connect her to Dr. Kuretich.
- Kara gives a woman a cell phone in BS3. Bloodshot broadcasts his voice across radio waves to talk to her through the phone.
- Kara unleashes his nanites into the PRS compound through her own blood so they can control the systems. This let Bloodshot reach the second ring from within in BS5. Considering he is nowhere near the compound as this happens shows you how far the nanites can be apart from one another and still communicate.
- With his nanites struggling to heal him, he has them cut the power in a meat packaging plant in BS12.
- Hacks the PRS brain implant of Charlie Palmer than uploads his abilities in BS15.
- After Harada took and corrupted some of the nanites they built themselves a body in BS16. When they try to remove the other nanites from Bloodshot they get absorbed and fixed in BS17.
- He bites Big Boy so his nanites can shut off his chemical pump in BS19.
- Scrambles a security camera in BS21.
- Speaks through HARDCorps comms and hacks their brains implants to inform them of the changes they didn’t know about in BS22.
- Hacked PRS systems to detect the signal that killed Genius in BS22.
- His nanites figure out the soldiers draw power from the electrical grid and connects to it to shut them down by causing a massive short circuit in BS24.
- Learns how to pilot a mech in VA1.
- Once connected to the electrical grid the nanites can track the remaining ones very quickly in RE3.
- Enter a cellular network and traces a cellphone in SAL1.
- ColdMan uses thermal vision to locate a hidden entrance in SAL12. All of the older Bloodshot projects were updated to the modern version. Therefore, Ray has this as well.
- In BS2 the Goldies tell him that he needs proteins. It seems Bloodshot eats one or both of the cows and is healed completely in mere moments. Apparently he has a taste for raw beef as he does it again in BS12 to heal completely.
- His nanites ability to heal him slow down if his protein reserves are critically low after taking a ton of damage in BS6. Does he eat that prisoner’s hands?!
- Cannot hack systems if Bloodshot is in critical condition and proteins are low in BS9.
- All the damage in BS8-11 and HW2 pushes the nanites to their limits and are not able to heal Bloodshot. Before the final battle in Harbinger Wars he has to stop be a meat packing plant just to get the proteins needed in BS12. Check the FIGHTS section to get a good idea of the punishment he took.
- Being severely damaged he wrestled and kills a mountain lion to heal up in BS22.
- Needs proteins to refuel his nanites in VA2 after having his arm ripped in VA1. It’s assumed this pushed his nanites to the max to regrow the arm.
- Decapitation takes him out for sure in USA1.
- Remote access of nanites can instantly shut them off in SAL3.
- Messed a guard face up with one strike in BS0.
- While taking damage he caves a guards face in and kills two others with one kick in BS2. Then kills another by punching him in the face.
- Rips a soldier’s arm off and then punches him so hard he flies back into the cockpit of the plane in BS2.
- Knocks out Cleaner and Gunner in BS6. They regain consciousness moment later.
- Punches through bulletproof glass in VA1.
- Easily snaps a man’s neck in BS1.
- Breaks free of his restraints in BS2.
- Can hold the larger Gunner up against a wall as he freezes to death in BS6.
- Throws out the driver then breaks the passenger’s neck with one hand when taking over a enemy convoy in BS7.
- Rips off Recon’s head with his spine attached in BS8.
- Knocks a steel door off its hinges in BS22.
- Needing protein to heal a severely injured Bloodshot manages to wrestle a mountain lion and kill it in BS22.
- This panel has multiple feats in BS24. First he pulls a man into the water while swimming and easily a breaks his neck with one hand underwater. Second, note the distance he swam. It’s mention later that Bloodshot is in Sevestopol on the Crimean Penninsula. From there to Poti, Georgia is over 1000 miles.
- *Breaks the neck of a killer in RE3.
- Overpowers a nanite infected Ninjak in USA2.
- Easily throws off redneck who had dog piled him in SAL3.
- *Holds off a killer who has a portion of his nanties he lost from RE2.
- Rushes Cleaner and Gunner and takes them out in BS6.
- Catches up to a enemy convoy and takes it over in BS7.
- Reacts fast enough to save Vagabond from Chernobyl’s sneak attack in BS18.
- After taking out two guards with a kick he quickly grabs their guns and takes out two guards before they can fire in BS2.
- Avoids multiple shots from Gunner and Cleaner in BS6.
- Quickly moves out from underneath a burning PRS aircraft falling out of a building in HW4.
- Dodged Granite’s ambush then gets the jump on her in BS22. He even dodged gunfire immediately afterwards.
- *Avoids a shotgun at point blank range in RE4.
- Puts the guard’s gun in his mouth just to kill him and instantly recovers to kill the others in BS0.
- Manages to kill off the guards KO as he’s caught in the middle of them firing at him in BS1. Bloodshot heals from the bullet wounds in mere seconds.
- Fights through multiple gunshot wounds and is never slowed down in BS2. He even tanks a bullet to the face.
- Quickly heals from no being shot in the neck twice in BS2.
- His nanites has to do work on his neural pathways because Bloodshot has been shot in the head too many times in BS5.
- Survives at least gunfire from five heavy machine guns in BS5. It can be assumed there is still more. After healing Bloodshot then sets fire to the control room he enters and is fine afterwards.
- Cleaner and Gunner fill him full of lead then he takes cover and I beings to heal in BS6.
- Gunfire from multiple soldiers does not phase him in BS7.
- Get shot up by three telekinetically control soldiers and finishes the mission in BS7.
- Tanks four shot at point blank range and then proceeds to return the favor in BS10.
- Toyo Harada uses TK to send his bullets back at him in HW2.
- With his half of his nanites stripped and those remaining not functioning properly, Charlie Palmer puts a few in his chest at point blank range in BS15.
- Tanks two sniper rounds and still goes after Sharpshooter in BS18.
- Sharpshooter puts a few shots into his backside in BS19.
- Being shot up by PRS soldiers doesn’t slow in down in BS22.
- Soldiers open fire on him and it’s doesn’t slow Bloodshot down when taking them out in BS24.
- Continues the fire fighter despite being shot in the eye in VA1. He then runs from mechs while being shot.
- Deathmate hits him with a barrage of laser fire and he continues to run in RE17.
- Takes two point blank laser blast from Deathmate and continues to grapple her in USA2. This doubles as a strength feat.
- Having wires plugged into his brain doesn’t seem to cause him discomfort in BS1. Breaking free of the wires and restraining hooks doesn’t slow him down as he escapes.
- A machete to the shoulder doesn’t slow him BS10.
- With his nanites lacking protein to function properly, he continues to fight while being cut apart by Kuretich’s men in BS12.
- Get his arms shredded and severed by Peter Stanchek’s TK shielding in BS13.
- Harada impales him with glass in BS16.
- Lysander starts dismembering him in BS16. He drills into his chest afterwards in BS17.
- Sharpshooter slices him up to make him immobile and tries to cut off his head in BS18. Palmer stops her from doing so.
- Sharpshooter stabs him in his heart in BS19 and he’s fine.
- His arms is ripped off by a speeding semi truck in VA2. Sometime later it completely regenerates back while everyone else is fighting off the Immortal Enemy.
- Immortal Enemy impales him in VA4.
- Jacob stabs him in the head and he still is able to throw the slasher in REAnnual.
- Jacob rips off his arm and he still conscious in REAnnual.
- Nanite infected Ninjak cuts his head off and once placed back on his neck the nanites reattach it in USA1&2.
- Caught in the blast of an RPG and continues to fire back at Chainsaw in BS6.
- Caught in the explosion of falling PRS aircaraft and its nothing to him in BS13.
- Survives crashing an enemy convoy into their base in BS7.
- Survives a fall that is a few 100 feet high in BS8.
- Toyo Harada hits him with TK in the face and he fights through it in HW2.
- Harada uses TK to blast him 100s of feet in the air and he lands hard in his busted face in HW2. This attack along with all the other damage taken takes him out of the fight. To make it worse the kids accidentally run him over.
- Though it wasn’t a long fall, it still had to hurt with his nanites slowly functioning after having his face blown apart and his limbs cut off in BS12.
- Takes a hit from Peter Stanchek who has good TK in BS13.
- Stanchek launches him high and far for a hard crash landing in HW4.
- While weakened, Charlie Palmer feeds him some concrete in BS15.
- Harada removes the flooring from underneath him and survives BS16.
- Takes a punch from Armstrong who has super human strength. Then gets uppercutted in the junk before having his nose smashed into a wall in BS21.
- Jumps down a stair well at least 5 stories tall and survives for the moment in BS22.
- No damage from crashing a Jeep into another one in BS24.
- Jacob throws him through a wall in REAnnual. He later throws Bloodshot through a tree.
- Deathmate shoves him through rock in RE17.
- Slammed into a vehicle by Deathmate in USA2.
- Takes a prehistoric beating in SAL10.
- Lures Gunner into a cryo lab and has his nanites crank up the temp and focus on his healing as he freezes the enemy at -150 degrees in BS6.
- Survives Gunner’s flamethrower in BS6.
- Ion hits him with lightning and keeps it up as Toyo Harada uses TK to blast him away in HW2.
- Get roasted by Flamingo and is unphased in HW 4 and BS13. She gets him again later HW4-1 and BS13-2 in each This is the same attack because the books happen simultaneously.
- Harada flame blasts him once, then twice and he is still getting up to fight in BS13.
- Charlie Palmer tries to fry his brain with some electricity in BS15.
- Being on fire doesn’t slow him down in VA4.
- Point breaks his arms and some ribs and Bloodshot uses the exposed bone to kill him in BS6.
- Is dropped into hostile territory by an empty missile that in break every bone in his body and then some in BS7.
- With nanites struggling to repair him he takes a beating from Gamma in BS9. She has an impenetrable force field. Broken arm and ribs. She pulls his arms out of sock and stretches his muscles. Breaks his leg backwards.
- Toho Harada seems to break every bone in his body with his TK to finally take him out after all the damage he took in BS13.
- Big Boy, who has super human strength, tries to break his back with a bear hug in BS19.
- Armstrong breaks Bloodshot‘s arm then his back in BS21.
- Immortal Enemy breaks his neck which doesn’t take him out in VA3.
- Jacob gives him the Bane treatment in REAnnual.
- Deathmate drops him off a water fall and breaks his arm in RE17.
- Before he was Bloodshot he survives an RPG bringing down a helicopter and then takes on an angry mob in BS0. Its amazing he is still alive.
- Pulse shuts them off and he survives crashing an ambulance in BS3. Bloodshot even takes a bullet to the side of the head and is alive.
- With her nanites shut off, Ray takes several beating before being rescued. He then proceeds to chased down a cult leader before killing him in SAL5.
- Takes the appearance of a guard, even mimics his voice, after he kills him in BS1.
- Takes the appearance of a helicopter pilot so he, Kara and Pulse can escape in BS4.
- Goes chameleon so a soldier doesn’t see him in BS7.
- After taking severe damage from a missile he goes chameleon to avoid detection in BS22.
- His facial nano-reconfiguration perfectly duplicates a dead soldier’s face in BS24. He does it again when infiltrating the uprising.
- Makes his work easy in BS25.
- In a flashback he takes on the appearance of a guard then takes on the appearance of a cop he had just seen in RE3.
Harada Protocol Attacks
- Emits it to escape capture and causes his enemies ears to bleed in BS2.
- Pins down Toyo Harada and Ion despite massive damage to his face in HW2. It’s disables the powers of all psionics and telekinetics. It has a small area affect for disabling enemies.
- Takes out Kuretich and his men while weakened in BS12.
- Attempts to kill Harada from the inside with his nanites in HW2. This is only used for Bloodshot’s Prime Target Toyo Harada which the Harada Protocol takes over.
- While in an unknown enemy base, he sneaks around unnoticed and ambushes a guard in BS1.
- Sneaks inside a heavily guarded religious temple in A&A18.
- After avoiding Granite’s sneak attack he manages to hide and ambush her in BS22.
- Headshot before he was turn into a killing machine in BS0.
- Takes Kara’s gun and scores two head shots on Dodge’s men who run up behind him in BS4.￼
- Can score a headshot while being dismembered in BS12.
- Takes out a helicopter pilot from a distance in BS19. Considering we only see him with handguns in the skirmish before this makes the feat more impressive if he used one.
- No look multiple head shots on temple guards in A&A18.
- Scores a headshot while being grappled and shot in BS24.
- Throws a combat knife into Jacob’s heart in REAnnual.
- Head shots to the brain seem to slow him down in BS1. He is capture by Dr. Kuretich afterwards. This hold true as the military blows him to pieces at the end of the issue.
- As he awakes in BS2, the soldier gives the order to shoot him in the head. Once Bloodshit escapes the commanding officer references chopping off his head.
- Gets his eye blown out and it still hasnt healed when he captures the kids in BS7.
- Takes a bullet to the brain in BS24. He is slow to get up but when his nanites repair the damage he has no problem kicking ass.
Massive Damage To His Heart
- A sniper rifle round to the heart put him down for a few moments but Bloodshot rapidly heals the wound in BS3.
- Archer blows through his heart but it doesn’t keep him down for long in A&A18.
- He is hit by an rpg and over a matter of time completely regenerates in BS1.
- After the plan he was in crashes and explodes, Bloodshot regains consciousness later despite being completely burned and impaled with shrapnel in BS2.
- His escape vehicle is taken out by a missile and he barely manages to survive in BS22.
- Flatline drops a large boulder on him then explodes to Bloodshot out of the fight in BS22.
- Dodge references that an electromagnet blast shuts off his nantites so he can’t heal in BS3.
- Dodge unleashes Pulse. Her blast seems to cause him to loose control and wreck the ambulance he was driving in BS3.. It seems the blast shuts the off for only a few minutes. In BS4 they begin to start working and Bloodshot quickly heals back up to a degree but needs proteins to full function.
- vs Chainsaw unit in BS8
- vs Recon and Cleaner in BS8
- vs(not really) Gamma in BS9
- vs Charlie Palmer in BS15. Bloodshot is weakened in this fight.
- Bloodshot and HARDCorps assault Harada Global from BS16-17
- vs Archer from A&A18
- vs Armstrong from BS21
- vs the Immortal Enemy from VA
- vs the Silver Lake Slasher from REAnnual
- *vs X-O ManoWar from H2-3
Bloodshots vs Deathmate