Fictional Universe – Star Wars
Species – Zabrak
Sex – Male
Planet – Dathomir
Height – 5’7 (6’3 with cybernetic legs)
Weapons – double bladed lightsaber or darksaber
Gear – two cybernetic legs, Scimitar(starfighter), Bloodfin(speeder bike) inside starfighter, three DRK-1 Dark Eye probe droids inside starfighter
Everything from Dark Horse is considered Legends canon for the Star Wars Universe. The only exception for Marvel canon is Son of Dathomir.
Key Sources for Dark Horse Comics
- Darth Maul 2000 series – DM2K
- Star Wars Tales – SWT
- The Phantom Menace – TPM
- TPM: Obi-Wan Kenobi – PMK
- The Sith Hunters – TSH
- Death Sentence – DS
- Son of Dathomir – SoD
Key Source for Marvel Comics
- Darth Maul 2017 series- M17
- Age of Republic – AoR
To expand these feats you can read the Darth Maul novels or watch The Clone Wars series.
- Flying kicks a battle droid hard enough to throw it off balance in DM2K.
- Kicks an assassin droid hard enough to launch it backwards in DM2K.
- Kicks Eldra Kaitis hard enough to send her flying in M17.
- Kicks Obi-Wan Kenobi hard enough to knock him into a reactor shaft in TPM.
- In a flashback, Maul hits Kenobi with a flying kick and knocks him into the reactor shaft in PMK.
- A kick from Maul’s cybernetic leg stuns Ko Solok in TSH.
- Maul kicks Jun-Fan so hard with his cybernetic leg that it seems to crush his chest cavity and kills him in TSH.
- Kicks a wookie in the face with his cybernetic leg and crushes the wall behind it in DS.
- Staggers Aayla Secura with a kick to the face in SoD.
- Maul hits Judd with the hilt of his lightsaber and draws blood in DS. The Jedi Master is excited to face such a powerful foe.
- Cleaves a rathtar in half with a halberd in M17.
- Maul is strong enough to tackle Grievous and crack pressure glass in SoD.
- Throws a Barabel over his shoulder then snaps her neck easily in DM2K.
- Manages to loop leap into the air holding Alexi Garyn by one hand and dive into water. Maul then chokes him with only one hand as he drowns in DM2K.
- Maul kicks a wookie in the face. One cybernetic leg is strong enough to crush its body into the wall in DS.
- Grabs Master Judd with his cybernetic leg and snaps his arm in two in DS.
- In a most impressive feat of strength, a rathtar hangs from in a tree as it is caught in a tug of war over Maul’s halberd in M17. The Sith Lord is able pull so hard enough that he breaks the tree in half, killing the creature as it falls on top of it. Rathtars weigh an average of 1433lbs/650kg. To add to this feat the creature is pulling itself up the tree which makes it harder to pull against its bulk.
Lightsaber Lock Ups
- Can match General Grievous in strength while their lightsabers are locked in SoD.
- Can match Lord Vader in strength as they lock up lightsabers in combat during SWT9.
Melee Combat Speed
- Quickly cuts down several destroyer droids during training in SWT24.
- Takes out two IG assassin droids at the same time in M17.
- Quickly cuts down Gargachykk the wookie at point blank range in DM2K.
- Four magna guards surround Maul in the battle of Zandar. He quickly destroys them without effort with his darksaber in SoD.
- Maul and Savage Opress quickly dismantle some Scourge thugs in TSH.
- Overwhelms Lord Vader with his speed of his attacks and finally lands a strike to the helm to drop him in SWT9.
- Avoids blaster fire and decapitates two guards while on Bloodfin at high speeds in DM2K. A standard speeder bike runs up to 310 mph/500 km.
- Dodges multiple blaster fire at a close range to get close to a battle droid and dismantles its weapons in DM2K.
- Dodges and deflects blaster fire from multiple droids in DM2K.
- Deflect and avoids blaster fire from a group of pirates and then kills them all in M17.
- Maul gets the drop on Vader’s Stormtroopers, dodging and redirecting blaster fire before carving up the rest of soldiers in SWT9.
- Deflects blaster fire back at the shooter while engaged in melee combat in DM2K.
- Blocks canon fire from a Delta-7 Jedi Starfighter with his lightsaber in TSH.
- Deflects rapid blaster fire manipulated by Lord Vader’s use of the Force in SWT9.
- Deflects blaster fire from multiple shooters at the same time beside Eldra Kaitis in M17.
- Deflects multiple pierce of earth thrown at him by Eldra Kaitis in M17.
- Out runs blaster fire up a wall and leaps behind the droids that are firing at him in DM2K.
- Leaps over a Gamorrean’s attack immediately after shooting two other Black Sun bodyguards in DM2K.
- Maul leaps off his Bloodfin and collides with Qui-Gon Jinn in TPM. A standard speeder bike runs up to 310 mph/500 km.
- Maul and Savage leap over a chasm to face the Jedi in DS. The distance is at least 50 feet or further.
- Leap high over a line of destroyer droids in SoD.
- Leaps off a bridge he cuts down, then leaps across stones to attack Vader before running up a rock wall to lead the Sith Lord into chasing him in SWT9.
- Flips backwards to avoid an explosion of a Mandalorian wrist rocket in SoD.
- Leaps up high above assassin droids that are shooting at him in a ridge in M17. The ridge was dozens of feet high.
- Continues to fight despite having two Barabels tearing into his back in DM2K.
- Maul is not phased by being sliced by a vibroknife in DM2K and continues to drown his target. Vibroknives have vibrating blades that inflict more damage than a standard knife.
- Takes a backhand from Qui-Gon Jinn but quickly gets up to defend himself before both Jedi attack in TPM.
- Maul quickly gets up after being kicked by Kenobi in PMK.
- Recovers quickly from General Grievous kicking him in SoD.
- Maul is blasted by Force Lighting but fights through it to slice Nightsister Mighella in two in DM2K.
- In a weakened state, Maul gets blasted by Dooku’s Force Lightning and still has the strength to escape with the Mandalorians in SoD.
- Despite being choked by Bruu Jun-Fan he manages to kick him away in TSH.
- Though he voids being directly hit by the Mandalorian wrist rocket, the explosion KO’s Mace Windu and Aayla Secure and not Maul who is caught in the same blast radius in SoD
- Is blinded by a quarren’s ink spit and gets beaten on by the rest of his gang in M17. Not being able to see, Maul still manipulates a knife with the Force.
- Is unphased by Eldra Kaitis throwing him into moon rock with Force Push then proceeds to bury him alive in an avalanche in M17. Either with the Force or with pure strength Maul bursts free and kills her.
Using The Force
- Senses a hidden Black Sun guard then chokes him to death after he think he has the jump of Maul in DM2K.
- After allowing them to feel his rage, Maul hides his presence from two Jedi in M17.
- Persuades a guard to take an activated bomb back to his commander as it explodes in DS.
- Force Pushes Kenobi into a reactor shaft in PMK.
- Using the Force Push together, Maul and Savage launches dozens of guards off a bridge while pushing Jedi Masters Judd and Salmara backwards in DS.
- Force Pushes the front line of droids in the battle of Zandar in SoD.
- Force Pushes a magna guard in SoD.
- Using Force Push, Maul takes out the battle droids protecting Grievous in DoS.
- Force Pushes General Grievous out of a tower in SoD.
- Force Chokes Kenobi while lifting him into the air in TSH.
- While using the Force Choke on a Falleen negotiator, Maul lifts him high in the air and breaks his neck in DS.
- Force Chokes on hunter while slice up another in M17.
- After an elder Moorjhoni read what was in his black heart, Maul used Force Crush to kill him in DS.
- Use the Force to throw his lightsaber in the head of an assassin droid while taking damage in DM2K.
- After being blinded by a quarren’s ink, Maul uses the Force to kill him with a knife in M17.
- The Demon in the Light uses the Force to throw a spear throw a trooper’s helmet in DS. Either Maul used his power to guide the weapon due to the distance or his strength and accuracy is that great.
- Impales Impales Zek Peiro with a large piece of shrapnel in AoR.
- Maul manipulates a control panel with the Force to feee Savage Opress from his carbonite prison in DS.
- Overloads a Force dampening field after Force pushing Silus in SWT24.
- Maul is immune to a Iktotchi’s telepathic intrusion in DM2K. The attempt made Black Sun bodyguard’s brain hemorrhage and left him paralyzed in fear.
- Known for their powerful pheromones, a Falleen is sent to negotiate with Maul I’m DS. It does not turn out well.
- Sidious take Maul to Malachor to breath in the ashes of the fallen Sith in M17.
- Sidious returns Maul to Malachor for another lesson, allowing him to look deep within himself in AoR.
- Maul takes out a unit of assassin droids in DM2K.
- Maul battles three rathtars without using a lightsaber or the Force in M17. He claims they are some of the most dangerous creature in the galaxy.
Hand to Hand Combat
- Maul takes on a bunch of gangsters in a bar brawl and has the upper hand until blinded in M17.
- Quickly takes out a group of moogans in M17 while using the Force only once.
- Maul and Zek Peiro leap into the Scarn transfer and take them out with ease in AoR.
- Maul vs Siolo Ur Manka, an ancient Jedi Master. The fight lead to the creation of the infamous double bladed lightsaber from SWT10.
- Maul vs Silus, a Force sensitive pit fighter. Sidious used this fight to test his apprentice’s obedience in SWT24.
- Maul and Eldra Kaitis are forced to fight together while being hunted in M17.
- Maul vs Eldra Kaitis from M17.
- Vigo Darnada’s crew is no match for Maul in DM2K.
Assault on the Black Sun from DM2K.
- Part 1 – The Guards
- Part 2 – The Vigos Bodyguards
- Part 3 – Nightsister Mighella
- Skirmish with Qui-Gon Jinn in TPM
- Maul battles both Jinn and Kenobi in the finale of TPM.
- Kenobi looks back at his fight along side Ginn against Darth Maul in PMK.
- Maul and Savage Opress battle Plo Koon, Bruu Jun-Fan, Ko Solok and Arctic Jump Troopers in TSH.
- A bounty hunting group looking to claim Ja’Boag’s money for Maul’s head is stands no chance against Maul and Opress in DS.
- Maul and Opress battle Jedi Masters Judd and Salmara with a legion of armed guards in DS.
- Resurrected by the Prophets of the Dark Side, Maul challenges Vader for the apprenticeship of Darth Sidious in SWT9.
- Maul battles Kenobi for the final time in the non-canon Legends story Old Wounds From Star Wars Visionaries.
- Flashback of Maul’s survival after The Phantom Menace from TSH. After his defeat Darth Maul’s rage was so strong for Kenobi that he willed his self to survive. Using the Force, the Zabrak created cybernetic legs for himself to aid him. A decade had passed before Maul was found by his brother, Savage Opress, and returned him to Mother Talzin to fix his broke mind.
- Master Salmara claims Darth Maul’s hatred is so strong it kept him alive in DS.
- Maul does not care if you are a padawan in training in DS.